NOTE: For a parent to add another family member, your administrator must first enable this feature/permission in your school's configuration.
You can add grandparents to your family in Join Our Class so they can share in your child's school experience and also be invited to sign up for special events.
Grandparents will be able to log into Join Our Class and view the Directory, Calendar, Blogs, and Gallery just like other parents. Also, by default, grandparents will receive a Weekly Digest email if your school is using this feature of the Parent Portal, but they can also opt-out of this communication.
For email, SMS, sign-ups, and other communications, grandparents are not included in regular school communications unless they are specifically added to the target of the communication individually or as part of the grandparent group.
To add a grandparent to your family.
1. Go to the Directory tab and select the Parent View tab.
2. Search for your name.
3. Click the triangle to the left of your name and then click the + Adult button.
4. Fill in the information on the new adult screen. The minimum required fields are:
- First and Last Name
- Relationship (select Grandparent)
- Email address
6. The grandparent will now show up under your record.
7. Click the send invite to invite grandparent to the system and they will receive an email with instructions on how to log into Join Our Class for your school.