Join Our Class provides a personalized .ics feed that you can import into your existing calendar.
1. To add the school calendar to your calendar
2. Go to Events, Calendar and click on the export link on the right hand side of the screen.
Apple iCal Instructions (Mobile)
Tap Settings→Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
Tap Add Account.
Tap Add Subscribed Calendar (near the bottom of the screen).
Type in the server address for the calendar on the Subscription screen.
The calendar appears on the calendar list in the Calendar app.
Apple iCal Instructions (Desktop)
- Open the Calendar program (in Applications)
- From the File menu select New Calendar Subscription
- Copy the feed in the first step and paste into Calendar URL field then click Subscribe
- Change the name and color (optional), change the Location to On My Mac (important!), and update the Auto-refresh frequency to Every day (important!), then click OK
- The events should now appear in your calendar
Google Calendar (bCal) Instructions
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Google Calendar:
- In the left column, click on the Add link in the Other Calendars section.
- From the menu select Add by URL.
- Enter the feed URL in the dialog box then click Add Calendar.
- NOTE: There appears to me no way to manually set how often the calendar is refreshed in Google Calendar (or bCal). There sometimes appears to be long periods of time with no updates. If the calendar appears to be "stuck" (not updating) after a few days, you can try unsubscribing from the Calendar on the settings page and re-subscribing using the feed URL with a random query string appended (e.g., https://demo.joinourclass.com/feeds/calendar/feed/blJpdXNmRldTOGY1V0VXRmZvcWlndz09?noCache&id=2 ). See http://www.binarysludge.com/2012/02/01/how-to-force-refresh-google-calendar/ for details.
Microsoft Outlook 2007 Instructions
To subscribe to an iCalendar feed using Outlook:
- From Tools menu select Account Settings
- Click on the Internet Calendars tab
- Click the New button
- Type or paste one of the calendar URLs above then click Add
- In the Subscription Options dialog box, you can optionally rename the calendar. Make sure the box is checked in the Update Limit section.